With Lent only a few weeks away I know that many of you are looking for apps, scripture plans and devotionals to guide your journey. Obviously there are hundreds out there. Written, online, downloadable you choose. I have tried to provide a few from a variety of theological perspectives. If there are others you think should be on the list please let me know. And by the way the photo is of a 500 year old Bible – seemed appropriate for the season especially (at least to me) that though the method we use to study may change, the message is timeless.
Pray as You Go – also from the Jesuits. Daily prayer for portable MP3 players.
Biblegateway.com’s Reading plan for Lent – can also be downloaded as an app.
Church Father’s Lenten Reading Plan – a downloadable reading plan
Download The Bible App – The plans deliver a relevant scripture verse to users each day that are themed around the topic selected by the user with one specifically for Lent.
An interesting 5 apps for Lent from ccr.org.uk.
The Daily Office This site has prayers and litanies from both US and Asia-Pacific. I love the possibilities this offers.
And don’t forget the free resources available from Godspace
- 40 Daily Ideas Guide for Lent
- Hungering for Life – Creative Exercises for Lent
- Maundy Thursday Agape Liturgy
- Broken Into Wholeness – Poems for Recovery by Ana Lisa de Jong – Not specifically for Lent but a helpful resource for the season.
- Poems for Loss by Ana Lisa de Jong. Not specifically for Lent but a great resource for the season.
- Stations of the Cross – by Lilly Lewin
- Lenten Reflection Video by Christine Sine
- Is This A Fast – meditation video by Christine Sine
- An Invitation To Journey – Lenten Video by Christine Sine
- Were You There When They Crucified My Lord? This meditation is designed for Good Friday and does not have music