It is the season for gratitude, an emotion that, unfortunately, does not seem to come naturally for us. But we can intentionally choose to be grateful.
As we celebrate American Thanksgiving with gratitude and thanksgiving, many books come to mind. Here are a few of my favourites:
- Diana Butler Bass’s book Grateful: The Subversive Practice of Giving Thanks
- Ann Voskamp’s wonderful book: One Thousand Gifts
- Janice Kaplan : The Gratitude Diaries
- Brother David Steidl-Rast: Gratefulness, The Heart of Prayer
- Joshua Choonmin Kang: Spirituality of Gratitude: Unexpected Blessings of Thankfulness
- Lynne M Baab: Two Hands: Grief and Gratitude in the Christian Life
- Robert A Emmons The Little Book of Gratitude: Create a Life of Happiness and Wellbeing By Giving Thanks
And if you want an inspiring short meditation on gratitude, as a prelude to your Thanksgiving meal, nothing can beat this video by Brother David Steindl-Rast.
NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I receive a small amount for purchases made through the above links. Thank you for supporting Godspacelight in this way.