Our Advent theme this last year, Coming Home: Uncovering Our Roots in the Advent Story. The topic was so popular that not only did Godspace provide daily reflections and podcasts but other websites too contributed to the series. All of us long for home, and whether we realize it or not, that longing is for more then the physical home in which we grew up. As Frederick Buechner says:
The Kingdom of God is where we belong. It is home, and whether we realize it or not, I think we are all of us homesick for it.
I hope that you have enjoyed the series. We would love to hear how it impacted your life this year. And in case you missed any of the posts here are all the links to the posts related to the topic.
Podcasts and Advent video:
First week of Advent with Tara Ward and Chelle Stearns listen here, Second week of Advent with Aaron Strumpel, Dwight Friesen, and Donna and Jim Mathwig listen here Third Week of Advent with Karen Ward, Tacey Howe Wispelwey and Mary September listen here Fourth Week of Advent with Lacey Brown and Tom Sine, listen here Advent Mediation Video Coming Home to the Story of God.
Also if you are still looking for resources for Advent and Christmas check out our Advent, Christmas and New Year resources and the Prayer cards and free downloadable Advent in a Jar available through our store
And if you missed any of the daily posts from Advent and Christmas:
- Stable, Inn or Welcoming Home, Where Was Jesus Born and Why Does it Matter?
- Peace Dancing by Esther Hizsa
- Mary and Mindfulness by Kristin Carroccino
- Advent is All About Light by Kate Kennington Steer
- A Summertime Advent by David Bayne
- Pancha Rathas by Amanda Geers
- Is there Room for Jesus to Find a Home in My Heart – Christine Sine
- Wait, Hope, See by Kimberlee Conway Ireton
- Tis the Season of Joy or is It – Christine Sine
- Coming Home by Alex Tang
- Finding Home and Homes by Lynne Baab
- What is the Future You Want to Come Home to by Tom Sine?
- Where’s Home by Andy Wade
- Coming Home to the Kingdom of Love – Will We Be Comfortable – Christine Sine
- Bearing the Joy Light by Kimberlee Ireton Conway
- Coming Home by Paula Mitchell
- Coming Home – the Story God is Giving Me Through Infertility Andrea Frankenfeld
- …And Moved Into the Neighborhood by Jeri Bidinger
- It Has Come to this by Dave Timmer
- Coming Home to the One Whose Face the Whole World Longs to See– Christine Sine
- The God Who Is Come by Beth Stedman
- Welcome Home by Margaret Trotman
- Homesick For A Place We’ve Never Been by Sean Gladding
- A Prayer for Christmas Eve
- A Litany for the Christmas Season
- Let Sing and Rejoice – Christmas is not Over Yet
If you have just started to follow this series may like to watch our Advent meditation video too. The theme for this year’s Advent series Coming Home was also picked up by the December synchroblog which adds another great series of posts that you might like to check out.
- Jeremy Myers – It Sounds Like Christmas
- Nathan Kitchen – Coming Home
- Michelle at Moments with Michelle – Home
- Mallory Pickering – I’m Kind of Homesick
- Bobi Ann Allen – Coming Home
- J.A. Carter – Going Home
- Glenn Hager – Where the Adventure Begins
- Marta Layton – Can You Ever Come Home Again?
- Peggy at Abisomeone – Abi Has Finally Come Home For Christmas
- Amy Hetland – Coming Home
- Coffeesnob – Home
- Carol Kuniholm – Advent Three: Redefining Home
- Liz Dyer – Advent 2013 The Way Home
- Harriet Long – The Body and the Sacred: Coming Home
- Edwin Pastor Fedex Aldrich – Who I Was Made to Be
- Emkay Anderson – Homemaking
- Anita Coleman – At Home in the Kingdom of God
- Kathy Escobar – Mobile Homes (Not That Kind)
- Jennifer Clark Tinker – My Itinerant Home
- Doreen Mannion – Heart is Where the Home is
- Sarah Quezada – Coming Home with Tamales in Tow
- Loveday Anyim – Home is Where the Heart Belongs