Nelson Mandela former president of South Africa and Nobel Peace Prize winner, has died and the world is in mourning.
Mandela inspired countless individuals. As a small tribute I want to share some of his quotes that I find most inspiring.
1) “Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.”
2) “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
3) “Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.”
4) “A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.”
5) “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
6) “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
7) “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
Also I was sent this link Nelson Mandela – Prisoner, Rooftop Food Gardener which my gardening friends might find interesting as a different type of tribute to Mandela.